Thread: Notepad is not saving my fonts on Windows 8

Notepad is not saving my fonts on Windows 8

I had made some font changes in Notepad. I had applied a different font that I had downloaded from web and it is working well. Now when I exist and start the file once again the file font is changed and it reset back to the old one. I rested that in Microsoft Word and the issue is exactly the same. I am not able to figure out why this font thing is not working. I am quiet sure this is some bug in the Windows. Because this problem is common in both Notepad and Microsoft Word. If it was limited to a single application then it would be font issue.

Re: Notepad is not saving my fonts on Windows 8

It is a damage font I think. You have to re-download that or get a new one. I had seen this issue with Akruti font long time back. I had added that but it was not able to install. When I use that and save the file, the fonts are changed to a weird character. And when I select the text and apply that font the text are proper. But they are not saving up. Later on I re-installed the font by deleting the old and the issue is fixed. You also have to do the same thing. It is a font bug. Just get a new one and try back.

Re: Notepad is not saving my fonts on Windows 8

In Mac there is a tool called as Font Doctor. This tool fixes the damage font quiet easily. But the same thing is not available in windows. If the font is not working you have to replace it with some other one. Do not keep damage font in your system. You can delete that directly from My Computer > Windows > System 32 > Fonts. Just click on the font and get rid of the same. And then try back getting a new one. Get new fonts instead of old one which are compatible with windows. Old fonts does not work well with Office 2007.