Thread: 3DMark showing up incorrect results

3DMark showing up incorrect results

There is some issue with my system. I am using 3DMark to get some results of how well my pc can perform. But the results that I got is much lower. I have a high end 290x series gpu. I was expecting a great score here, but things are different. It shows me a very low results compare to other graphic cards. I had checked the settings inside the graphic properties, which look well. I have a round 8GB ram. And the processor that I am using is Core i5. So the system is already great but it is not working as per expectation.

Re: 3DMark showing up incorrect results

Most of the issues like this occur due to outdated drivers. You have to verify that first. You have to go on the official site and download the latest drivers and update them. Also update your motherboard drivers and test the score through 3DMark. I am quiet sure it will work well and give you the right score. If you are not getting right score then it means the tool is not able to completely test your hardware. You are using a wrong driver or an outdated one. Once again try to update that to the latest version and check back.

This type of issue also occur when the software is not able to recognize the processor and gpu. And you wont get a optimum output from the same.
    Updating the drivers is recommended. Because it will help the software to identify the installed hardware and run test accordingly. On windows it is also good to run a few latest updates. This will add more compatibility. After doing this if still things does not work then you have to remove the program and install it back again from scratch.

There are few others tools available in the market that you can still test to find out the maximum output of your system. You can leave 3Dmark aside if this is not working. You can run PassMark PerformanceTest. This tool is also amazing and it gives you the right report about your system output. You can simply use the same first and test your pc with that. If this tool also give you a wrong output then it means there are some kind of serious hardware flaw in the system. You have to re-format windows and configure a new setup.

Before doing anything just switch off your pc and turn it on again. This might help 3Dmark to give you appropriate score. When 3DMark is running any test it is recommended that you must not run any kind of background applications. You can turn all those things off. Let the tool run on its own and it might work effectively giving you the right output. Sometime a few background process interrupt with the tool and you are getting results not as expected. Just restart your pc and run it back again. You can also run that in safe mode.

This problem is related to in appropriate driver only. It is essential that you get the right drivers to fix the issue. Before running 3Dmark run Futuremark. Run this software to test the video and audio driver details. You will get the report at the end. Most of the time if the drivers are not approved, then 3Dmark is not able to product right results. It will give you a wrong output. I am giving you a link below which will put more highlight on fixing the problem with 3dmark test.

3d Mark Test

If 3Dmark is not working then better stick to a good software that really works and give you the kind of output you are looking for. There are so many system tester software in the market that you can try out. And ample of them are having good way of showing you the right results. Passmark and Novabench are two good tools which I can recommend you to test your systems output. You just have to run the same and it will give you a a proper results about your system maximum output.