Thread: Jumping from one sentence to another instantly on Microsoft Word

Jumping from one sentence to another instantly on Microsoft Word

I am having some Microsoft Word files. This files are having more than 90 pages in them.This are testimonials, results, reports, etc. The only way to read them is keep on scrolling. There are different topics. Sometime I have to switch to some topics instantly. What I do is copy the topic title and keep it in notepad. And when I want to switch I search that in Word file. This gives me a instant way to switch among different topics. But I am looking for a more reliable way. Here I am depended on the notepad file Which is like the index.

Re: Jumping from one sentence to another instantly on Microsoft Word

I do not think Word has any new option for that. Even I do the same. I am having chapters in a Word file and I had made a index of that. There are around 80 different topics. I kept those things in a different file. Whenever I want to switch on different topics I search the title. There is a hyperlink process available. But you cannot add hyperlink in the same file. And you cannot hyperlink a particular page or text. You can hyper link a entire file
    only. Hyperlink thing works well if you are having too many documents. But for text search you have to use the default process.

Hi,

You should want to define page number in your entire Microsoft word document and use “Goto option” to jump a particular page. But you need to create an index page in your first MS Word document and remember page no of document carefully. For doing that, please follow the steps are given below:

• Press F5 a popup window open at your screen, Click on Go to tab of the Find and Replace dialog box.
    • On the left side of the dialog box, make sure to indicate the page you want to open (this should be the default choice).
    • Enter the page number to which you want to move
    • Click on “Goto” and Press Enter.

Microsoft Words comes with a bookmarking option. I am quiet sure that will help you in fixing the issue. For that you have to add a text or a paragraph as a bookmark. And when you click on that Word will take you on that page. You can create many bookmarks here. To use first select the paragraph of text from word file and then click on Insert and then click on the bookmark button. Give the name to that bookmark. Now when you want to go on that paragraph all you have to do is click on bookmark and choose the name.