Thread: Unable to remove extra space from Microsoft Word

Unable to remove extra space from Microsoft Word

I am trying to make up a letter with around 80 points on the same. After 20 points in a new page there is a extra gap at the start of the sentence. And this is not deleting. I try to hit backspace before that but it failed to work. I want some help here to make it proper. I cannot retype everything back again. I had checked the page layout settings where I can't find any option. I am quiet sure there can be some way through which I can get rid of this extra spacing. I had tried deleting the lines and then hitting number. It would add numbers automatically. But the same is also adding space.

Re: Unable to remove extra space from Microsoft Word

This happen sometime when Microsoft word files takes formatting automatically. It is hard to get rid of the same. Here you can try copying those lines which are having extra gaps on a notepad files and then moving them back to the word file. That would fix the issue. It will be easier also. Just copy those points in a note pad file, delete the extra gaps and paste them back at the bottom. From where the numbers are going to start again. And then hit enter. Words will automatically add the numbers to each point.

Hi,

To overcome this issue, please follow the steps are given below :
    1) At the End of the document, or starting with the document MS word shows blank space and to ignore this you should double click on extra space like this:

There is one more way to fix the issue. But for that you have to go with manually copying the lines and then pasting them at the bottom side. First cut paste all the sentences with gaps in a notepad file. Then go in your word file and after the last sentence hit enter. A number will be assigned. Copy the text from the notepad file and paste that in the word file one by one. You can later on start typing when you are done with pasting all the text. This will fix the issue and your word formatting will set to normal.