Thread: Getting 0xc0000020 error while trying to open any browser on Windows 8

Getting 0xc0000020 error while trying to open any browser on Windows 8

I am not able to figure out why I am getting this Error 0xc0000020 when I am trying to launch any browser. I am trying to open Firefox or Chrome I am getting this error. It started instantly. I had some virus infection in the system and my antivirus gave me the popup. I am using Avira. It just deleted those files instead of putting them in quarantine. I want a bit help here to resolve the issue. I had tried a number of time to deal with the issue but I am getting this constantly. Can anyone help me to fix the problem.

Re: Getting Error 0xc0000020 error while trying to open any browser on Windows 8

To fix this issue, please follow the given manual solution, might it helps you-

1) Start your computer & log on as an administrator.
    2) Click on Start button and select All Programs>> Accessories>>System Tools>> and then click System Restore.
    3) In the new window, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" option and then click on Next button.
    4) Select the most recent system restore point from the "On this list, click a restore point" list, and click Next.
    5) Click Next on the confirmation window.
    6) Restarts the computer when the restoration process is finished.

Re: Getting 0xc0000020 error while trying to open any browser on Windows 8

Can be some bug in the system. A easiest fix to resolve this kind of error is running system restore as mentioned above. You can do that to resolve the problem. Just run it and try to start the browser. If nothing works then try to re-install the same. I am quite sure that will surely help you in fixing the issue. Most of the time system restore is good enough to fix this kind of problem. You just have to run the same and done. Old working system settings are restored and your pc will work like before.

You have to run system restore for fixing the issue. This error is related to some internal system file of windows. To fix that you can simply restore old settings through system restore. That is the most easiest option. Just boot your pc in safe mode and then type system restore in the start > search box. Now choose a old date from the same and then run it. Your pc will be restored to old times. And other application will start working. I don to think any re-installation is going to help here.

It is a very annoying error. I had seen this in blue screen. And this means a unstable system. System restore is just an basic help. You might start getting the same error back again. Now here you can try one thing. Backup your data. And then go ahead with running a full new windows setup by formatting the partition. Once you are done with that update your system and install a antivirus. Create a system image recovery. You can restore that whenever you have such problem.

Run check disk through cmd to find if your hard drive is not having any of this problem. You can also run that through windows bootable disc which will be a lot more effective. Boot your pc with windows cd and then type chkdsk and hit enter. This will start check disk which will locate all information about your drive sectors. And if you get any error in the end then it means your hard drive is having some bad sectors. You must keep a backup of your files always ready. Because the drive can stop working anytime.

I do not think the error can be due to bad sectors. There can be several other reasons. Error 0Xc0000020 is caused due to damage system files. Now there is two way to repair. The first one is by installing windows back again and second is through system file checker utility. You can try the second one first and if that does not help then you have to install windows back again. To run System file checker just type sfc /scannow and hit enter in cmd. That's it. Leave the system aside and it will do the job.