Thread: How to fix init error on PCMark 8

How to fix init error on PCMark 8

I am trying to use PCMark 8 where I am getting a init error on the same. This error appear at the end of test result. I a not able to figure out why. When I got the error on start I ignored the same and started the test back again. But I got the error again. I want a bit help here through which I can resolve the issue. I am trying to find out performance report of my system. I am having a Core i3 system with 2GB ram and a Nvidia gpu. A few games are not working on the same. I just want to compare my system with others through report.

Re: How to fix init error on PCMark 8

Just to resolve the issue when you are trying to use the tool disable all background process. Turn off your antivirus or any cloud sync, backup or any other tool that can cause issue with PCMark 8. When the test is active do not do anything. Leave your pc aside and let it run. I am quiet sure at the end you will get the results more properly. I am quiet sure there is any background process which is active and causing the crash. You can also try running the same thing in safe mode which I am quiet sure will help you more.

I think reinstalling would help you to deal with the problem. There can be some different application in your system which is causing the issue and after re-installing the problem can be resolved. Go in Control Panel > Uninstall program and get rid of the tool. And then install it back again. It will be easier for you to troubleshoot the problem. Turning off the antivirus only is not going to help. There can be some damage setup files also in the system related to pcmark which is causing the issue.

I had also got the error. But I was not sure what to do with that. I did not used the tool. Once I tried to run back again and it was fixed automatically. This happened after a few updates were installed in my system. And now this thing is working really fine. You can also try to find some new updates and through that you can try fixing the issue. Re-installing would surely help. Just go on the official site and check if you are having any new version of the software. Try to use the same and it will help you in fixing the problem.

There is a one simple fix that can help you to get rid of this error. You have to go ahead with installing fresh video drivers in your system. If you are having a graphic card then get the latest version on your system and check back. This will be enough to fix the issue. New updates will help you to get a more stable output and your system will work well. So you can just try doing the same. It is good if you can go with all drivers update. That will also help in fixing the issue. You can find those drivers on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer.