Thread: Cleaning un-used file extension through CCleaner

Cleaning un-used file extension through CCleaner

Is it possible to use CCleaner to clean up unwanted files extension. Like I had installed a few games in the system a week ago. Now I had removed the same. There are directories in program files and some of them are occupying more than 200mb of space. I want some help to clean the same. I am not able to find any settings in CCleaner through I can get rid of those folders and files. I had tried a number of time but it fails to work. Is there a way
    through which we can do the same. I hope there would be some option.

Re: Cleaning un-used file extension through CCleaner

I do not really think about the same. I am quiet doubtful. CCleaner is good for cleaning up unwanted things from the system. But I do not think it will scan and delete those files which are left by old software. You have to look for some other tools. Or you can go with the manual process also. When you install anything you can simply check the file location. And you can through that remove things which are not needed. Just keep on running ccleaner to get rid of unwanted stuff. Also it has a registry cleaner in the same that will help.

I am also looking for a similar software through which you can get rid of unwanted programs from your pc. But there is nothing like that. What most of the tools do is simply delete the shortcuts. That's it. They wont scan your pc and locate which program is removed and which all are having pending stuff left. There are registry cleaners but they are not so effective. You can try cleaning the same manually. Just locate the software are remove them through control panel > uninstall program.

Cleaners tool can be run after uninstalling the program. I think CCleaner will do the job. You have to run that and it will try to find all unwanted stuff from your system. There are so many cleaner software available which you can use to keep your system working well all the time. Tune up utilities is one of them. But this does not help much. Most of the thing are done manually. You can even clean ample of things through Disk Cleanup. It has a option to remove files left by old software's.