Thread: Skydrive eating too much cpu on Windows 8.1

Skydrive eating too much cpu on Windows 8.1

Does skydrive has some kind of malware problem. I had seen when I turn that on my cpu usage is hiked to 90%. And when I exit that it go back to normal but that it takes long time. On idle mode usually my cpu usage was 0% before. And now this thing is stuck at 60%. Other application takes long time open up. I have to create a lot of rar files. I have to do that fast. But as the cpu usage is high I cannot do it. I have to upload those file on the skydrive. How can I reduce the cpu usage. Is there any better option to do the same.

Re: Skydrive eating too much cpu on Windows 8.1

Looks like you are having too many files to sync. Let the sync over and then wait back. I am quiet sure the cpu usage will be reduced. If the file remain pending to sync you get those kind of issue. It is good if you can wait back until this thing is over. Do not go with compression job at the time of sync process. You can try some other pc for that if you want. Because depending on your upload speed and file size the sync process is going to take time. While on your current system you can do the zipping thing.

You can find a bit more information about the working application through a good process explorer. There are ample of them available online. Just download a good one and install the same in your system. Process explorer gives you information on different applications working in the pc. I do not think skydrive is causing the issue. If you are still suspicious about that then you can remove it and re-install the same. That will surely help in fixing the issue. There can be some other malware type app causing the problem.

If you are using skydrive for backup purpose then it is not wise to turn that thing off. First check that all your file are properly synced. And after that you can try re-installing it. Go in Control Panel > uninstall program and remove it. Once you are done with the removal then try to find the new version and install it. And then check back. It will start working normally. This application does not need a very high ram. I am also using the same and I am not having any of this problem.

I am quiet sure this is some kind of malware issue due to which your cpu usage is high. Start with data backup first. So that you wont loose anything if your system failed to start. Boot your pc in safe mode and scan with malwarebytes. If nothing is found then try some other antivirus. There can be malware in your system which are eating up your bandwidth. You have to check that first. You can also try running system restore for the time being. This will restore your old settings and will help you to resolve the usage.

I also think this is some kind of virus issue due to which you are getting the problem. You must try scanning your system again and again with a good antivirus. Remove skydrive from your system and then check the ram usage. If still it is high then skydrive is not causing the issue. You have to backup your data and go ahead with cleaning formatting to remove threats completely. Or else you will keep on facing the issue. Backup all your data first and then do anything. It is good to format the system and install windows back again.