Thread: No files in Skydrive after sync on Windows 8

No files in Skydrive after sync on Windows 8

There is a weird issue with my system. I had installed Skydrive and I use the same to sync all my files. I am not tablet o find anything once I had done with syncing. I thought all the files which I had uploaded online will be available on the desktop. But it is empty. I am trying to sync the same again and again. There are around 4 folders on skydrive which have different files. This are office, pdf and images. I want them on the Skydrive so that I can edit them and sync easily. But it fails to work. Want some help on the same.

Re: No files in Skydrive after sync on Windows 8

You have to check once online that your files are proper. When you install skydrive and sync your account things get updated on both the ends. There can be some issue with the account. Just verify that your account details are fine. And if there large amount of files online then it is going to take time for the sync. You have to check the same first. Try to remove the account and add it back again. Wait back for sometime. The sync will take time depending on the file size. You can try checking back after few hours.

This is weird. I am quiet sure this is some kind of connectivity issue. You will have to check that once again. Just remove skydrive and install it back. And before that verify the account details online. Go on your live.com and click on one drive. And see that all your files are present in that. This never happens that you have file on the cloud and that does not appear on the pc. It is essential that you have to simply check the account you are using. That might fix the issue.

I was using skydrive before. I always face sync issue in that. Later on I switched to Google Drive which is more easier. It is quiet effective to use and it also sync things fast. Compare to many other online sharing stuff I found Google Driveas the best one. You just have to drag your files in that and everything is synced and updated online. I have around 3GB of data with me and I cannot carry it on my pc all the time. So I upload them. I found the sync speed faster compared to skydrive.

According to me this is an internet problem. You have to check your connection settings to resolve the issue. You can find that by running a ping command. Just type ping google.com -t in the cmd and hit enter. If you are getting a continuous response then it means your interne is working well but if it breaks in between then it means your speed is not stable. That can be the reason due to which you are not able to sync all your files on OneDrive.

It can be due to some security application also. Most of the time antivirus does not really affect cloud sync. But sometime firewall or any security settings cause the issue and you have to check the same. You can find out by turning off your antivirus or firewall for sometime. And then try back. I am quiet sure this will help you. If the sync starts working then you have to add the application under exception list. So that the firewall or antivirus can ignore the file sync option.