Thread: No Bluetooth device detected after updating to Windows 8.1

No Bluetooth device detected after updating to Windows 8.1

There is some problem with Bluetooth connectivity on my netbook. It is not working well as expected. I am trying to connect my smartphone with the same which failed to work. I am not able to figure out why. I was having windows 7 before where everything is working fine. Later on I switched to windows 8 and then updated to the latest windows 8.1. After that the bluetooth is not able to detect any of my smartphone and tablet. I do not know why this is not working. I want a bit help to fix the issue.

Re: No Bluetooth device detected after updating to Windows 8.1

Bluetooth has a major issue after having Windows 8 installed. Most my Bluetooth devices stopped working after that. I am trying to troubleshoot the drivers but still it fails. I am quiet sure there can be some way of resolving the problem. I had tried locating the exact Bluetooth drivers which shows windows 7 compatibility. But still it fails to work. There might be some other tool which can help to manage the Bluetooth device. Or else I have to format
    and install everything back again.

Start with re-installing the Bluetooth driver. I am quiet sure that is going to help you more. Go in device manager and just uninstall the Bluetooth. And
    then find the right drivers and install it back again. I am quiet sure that will fix the issue. This time you can download the drivers from the official Bluetooth site. There is an single universal drivers for everything. You have to find the latest one and you can test it. It will be enough to fix the issue. Just try the same and check back.

This type of issue occur commonly after fresh formatting. The Bluetooth fails to work. I think you must check for windows update. There might be something in that which can turn on the Bluetooth thing. It is mostly a driver issue. But even after updating everything it fails to work then the Bluetooth chip has some problem that you have to check. Just run the updates and see if you get any updated related to the Bluetooth stuff. You can install that and test it. It might start working.

There is a tiny fix available for the same. You can download that from the official site. Just get the fix and run it. It will scan and fix the Bluetooth problem in your pc. I was having the issue on a system which I had formatted. I had also installed all the updates but still the device was not able to locate Bluetooth drivers. At last I downloaded the fix and ran the same. And it worked. This one is the simplest way to resolve the problem you are facing. The fix can be found on the Bluetooth troubleshoot page.

Download and install bluesoleil in your system. This one is the best software to use Bluetooth. I do not trust on the default application in windows. I am using this from long time and it works really well. It comes in free and paid version. You can get the free one and try out. It will automatically add the require drivers in your system. You can connect a variety of devices through this. This tool manages your different Bluetooth devices. Just install this and try out.