Thread: Realtek HD Audio driver crash while playing dvd through vlc

Realtek HD Audio driver crash while playing dvd through vlc

I am having annoying issue on my system. Whenever I try to play video file I am getting a video driver crash issue. It keeps on appearing. I had tried to resolve the issue a number of time but it fails to work. I am having all updated things in my system. And when I restart things went back to normal. Is this some kind of virus problem. I hope there can be solution for the same. I had tried looking for updated drivers but cannot find anything. I am having a very old laptop which is not having proper drivers.

Re: Realtek HD Audio driver crash while playing dvd through vlc

This might be due to a bad driver. You have to find the latest one and try back. This will help you to fix the issue. Most of this crashing problem appear when you have issue with corrupt or damage driver. You must try to download the latest version and test the same. I am quiet sure that will be enough for fixing the issue. You can find the drivers on the official site and you can update the same. After you can try playing audio and video files back again. It will start working.

You can try using some other video player. I am quiet sure that will help. It looks vlc has some codec issue. Or else the driver wont crash on just starting up a player. You can try Windows Media Player or any other player that can give you a regular output. If you are still getting the same kind of output then it means you have to get the new drivers. The one which you are using is not stable. You can find that through the official site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just update that.

I am using Driver Booster application for the same. This app is really amazing when it comes to updating the drivers. You just have to install this and a trail edition will offer you two driver updates daily. To get the full update you have to buy the entire version. I found the application really helpful in finding drivers. Most of the time it is really hard to find drivers for old system. That issue is also resolved if your driver problem. I am quiet sure after scanning your system with the tool the problem would get fixed.

Is there some other application in your system which is associated with audio work. Like any third party codec. It is good to check once by installing a third party codec and I am quiet sure that is going to give you a more appropriate output. Most of the time third party codec cause the problem and the system drivers starts crashing. There is nothing much you can do in that. You can try replacing the drivers by removing the old one and installing fresh one. That will help.

Try this. Run system restore. Choose a old date. The audio driver must be in your system. If the pc works well then it means there was some application that you installed later on and it was causing the issue. But if it did not worked well then it means there is a definitely a driver problem. You can run SFC. This one is a simple command through which you can scan your system and fix damage system file. You have to type sfc /scannow and hit enter for the same. Just let the scan run.