Thread: Windows 7 usb dvd tool not identifying 32GB Kingston usb

Windows 7 usb dvd tool not identifying 32GB Kingston usb

I am trying to create a bootable pen drive for installing Windows 7 on my system. I am having a 32GB Kingston usb and I am not able to figure out what really happened to it. It is a usb 3.0 pen drive which is new and great. But somehow it is not working as per my need. I am trying to format it through windows 7 usb dvd tool but it gives me some type of error in the end. I am not able to create a bootable pen drive. It is very annoying and slow. What can I do to fix the issue. I want some help here.

Re: Windows 7 usb dvd tool not identifying 32GB Kingston usb

Before making a bootable pen drive you can start with creating a proper file system. that means the partition should be ntfs which is the latest one and it works the best with windows installation. So just connect the pen drive to any working pc and format it to ntfs. Then try to use the windows 7 usb dvd tool. It is always good to go with a bootable dvd. That is because it is the best way to install windows on any system. It is also simple for installation. If the usb thing is not working then you can go with the dvd.

Re: Windows 7 usb dvd tool not identifying 32GB Kingston usb

Try to connect the pen drive on usb 2.0 port and check. I am quiet sure that will start working. It happens sometime due to outdated usb 3.0 drivers this kind of utilities does not work. You can place them on a old port and check back. Also before making a bootable usb drive you can format it in fat32 format. Sometime old utilities are unable to find the ntfs file partition and you get this kind of errors. It is essential that you must have the right file format to fix this problem. Or else it will keep on facing issue.