Thread: getting error "OneDrive has stopped working"

getting error "OneDrive has stopped working"

I have been using OneDrive for quite sometime to store all my family's photos and videos and some files as well. Recently I did a Windows update on my computer and from that period I am continuously getting error message stating that "OneDrive has stopped working". I have uninstalled and reinstalled it quite a few time but still it is giving me the same error. Is there anyone else who has experienced the same problem and knows how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: getting error "OneDrive has stopped working"

I would suggest you to disable and enable OneDrive integration in Group Policy and see if that works. To do that go to Start and then type gpedit.msc and press Enter. After that on the left side click to expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components and then open OneDrive. At the right side of OneDrive, double click on Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage. Now to disable OneDrive Integration, click select the Disabled dot or Not Configured and press ok. To enable it back select the Enabled dot and then click ok. Now close the Group Policy window and see if OneDrive works or not.

Re: getting error "OneDrive has stopped working"

This problem with the OneDrive usually happens when your connection to OneDrive was lost or there are temporary problems with the OneDrive service. To solve this issue, try restarting OneDrive. Follow the below method to do that:
    1. Right-click the OneDrive icon (The OneDrive icon) in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar. (You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow The Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the OneDrive icon.)
    2. Click Exit.
    3. Click Start, enter OneDrive in the search box, and then click Microsoft OneDrive. This opens your OneDrive folder, and also starts the OneDrive service.