Thread: getting Foxit Reader to display 2 documents

getting Foxit Reader to display 2 documents

I have recently installed a software called Foxit Reader in my Windows 7 computer. I am looking for a way to get this reader to display 2 documents side by side, that is, tiled. But the problem is that the tiles options are greyed out and I am not able to see how to choose the "Multiple Document interface mode" or Single Document interface mode? Can anyone tell me how do I achieve this thing? Thanks

Re: getting Foxit Reader to display 2 documents

I think that you need to go to File > Preferences > Documents and then Uncheck Tabbed documents. You can even try to open multiple instances of Foxit as well. To do that you have to go to File > Preferences > Documents and then check "Allow Multiple Instances". The Foxit reader will display a type of Windows that will not tile with traditional ones. So, you are only left with the other choice. Other than this I am not sure what else can be done for the tiling purpose. Hope this helps.

The main problem that I am facing is that the Allow Multiple option will leave me with two independent Windows but apart from that I am looking to have all my files arranged or tiled side by side and with synchronized scrolling if possible, the same method that we use like in the Adobe Acrobat reader or MS Office. There is also no Tabbed documents checkbox here. I will anyways try to get by and if it doesnt works then I will go back to the Acrobat reader and see if that helps.

You can try to choose multiple instances or multiple tabs in a single instance of foxit reader. It is usually common practice in applications that have multiple tabs to give tile vertically and title horizontally tab menu options. So to do this, you have to use the ALT+<minus key> and choose restore and then manually drag tabs. I also think that you can work around this with multiple instances but typically doing this in single instance takes up less window space. Hope this helps.