Thread: Unable to re-install Microsoft Office on Windows 8

Unable to re-install Microsoft Office on Windows 8

I have purchased a new pc. The system has a dual core processor and running on windows 8 operating system. I have installed Microsoft office suite and it was running fine. Few days ago I have downloaded various games and application on it. Due to installation of application in bulk, my pc started freezing, in order to recover it I formatted the pc. Now while reinstalling the Microsoft office I am getting something went wrong error. I have tried this thrice and same thing is happening.

Re: Unable to re-install Microsoft Office on Windows 8

As per the description provided by you in the problem, this kind of problem occurs when the second installation started before first or when you restarted the pc before installation. You have to first check whether you are using the right live login id which u have used to purchased Microsoft office. If there is any mistake or error then you will be not able to reinstall it. You have to verify the setup file also. That will also help in fixing the issue.

Re: Unable to re-install Microsoft Office on Windows 8

The problem can be with the setup file. You have to locate a new one and try with that. I am quiet sure it will work. Once you are done with the installation then you have to activate your windows license. Based on your office version you can download the trail setup from official Microsoft site and then activate that to the full license. This would be enough to resolve the issue. If this does not work then just run system file checker.