Thread: What is the max size I can get after compressing a 700mb file

What is the max size I can get after compressing a 700mb file

I want to know that is the max size I can get by compressing a 700mb file. I am trying to compress a movie. I have around 1GB of space left in my phone and I want to take different pictures. If possible I can compress them to a size of 400 to 500mb an carry a few more files. I had tried using winrar which is only giving me around 10% size reduction. This s not going to help. There must be atleast 30 to 40% change int he size so that I can take more data.

Re: What is the max size I can get after compressing a 700mb file

If you need a very high compression rate then that is not realy possible. You can use KGB Archiver for the same. This tool is nice and it works well. I had seen many torrent files are compressed through this. I am quiet sure you can get more than 20 to 30% of size reduction after using it. But remember you have to carry the software with you. Because you can only extract through this tool. No other third party software is going to work.

It is very hard to get a high compression rate. I am using winrar from long time and it just give me a few mbs of file compression. If you really need a small size video then you have to use some different video editing software. There are ample of them available. You can use handbrake to compress a file and make it small in size. You can then through that movie the files in the storage place you want. This will be more easier for you.

Reducing video size through video editing software simply means you will loose the quality also. So it is better to stick with the existing format. Do not just convert it or use any other video editing tool. I had tried that and it cost a huge quality loss. You cannot restore it. If you are going to watch those movies in your mobile phone then compressing them is good. But if not then you have to use winrar or 7zip type of tool. They are going to work best.

Just try to break that into parts if you can and then carry them. I do this always when I am having a very large file. I use winrar to break the files in different part and through that I am able to carry them in my phone. I he always around 2GB of space which is enough to take games and movies. Through parts I take a few pieces every day and then extract everything through winrar. It takes around 2 turns to get the full file.

I am using TV here. I convert the file to mp4. I am able to get a decent video size. When I get any audio files they are in mkv format. Due to which the size is very large. And it occupy a good amount of space in the phone. So I covert the same to a simple mp4 format and also reduce the screen resolution. It is enough to carry the file in the phone or in any other storage. Through mp4 you can also maintain the audio quality.