Thread: Recovering photos from damage sd card of Sony digital camera

Recovering photos from damage sd card of Sony digital camera

My uncle gave me his Sony digital camera which has as 16GB memory card. I connected the camera to my pc through usb cable and it showed me a message on the screen that the disk is corrupt. I have to format the card to fix it. If I go with formatting then I will loose all the photos. I do not want to do this. I want some help here to simply recover the photos easily and then I can go ahead with formatting. I had tried to reconnect the camera a number of time but it fails to work.

Re: Recovering photos from damage sd card of Sony digital camera

Your memory card is damage. There is nothing you can do. What you can try is connect the card to your android phone and see whether the images are visible in Gallery. If you get the same error in that then it means the card is gone. You have to format it if you want to re-use the same. There are few recovery software available on the web which you can try before formatting it completely. I am quiet sure those might work and give you a appropriate output.

There is a way to recovery the file from your damage memory card. For that you will need a card reader. You can find this in your local market. Just download and install Zar software in your pc. Connect the card to the card reader and connect the same to your pc. You will again get the disk format message. Cancel it and go in my computer. See that the card is listed as H or G drive. Now launch zar, select the drive and recovery images.

You don't realy need a card reader for the same. You can recovery files through Zar. Just connect the camera to the pc and see that the sd card must be detected as storage. That means there must be H or G drive letter in my computer. When you launch zar it will scan for the connected drives. Just click on the drive letter of camera card and recover the files. This is a very effective tool for file recovery and works most of the time.