Thread: What are the integrated backup solution Windows 7 has

What are the integrated backup solution Windows 7 has

I am trying to find the list of all backup solution that comes with windows 7. The one that I know is a regular backup and restore feature. This allow to create a system image as well backup of some files. I am not really satisfied with the feature because it looks very limited. What are the other backup thing that comes in windows. I do not want to buy a third part backup software as my pc is not having enough ram. I want to use the internal one.

Re: What are the integrated backup solution Windows 7 has

What is wrong with Backup and Restore. It is very easy to use. I think for taking file backup this is the only utility that comes in windows. This tool is just limited to create a system image file and I think you are looking for a custom backup solution. Where you can simply copy files as per your need. For that you have to use a third party software. There are ample of them available. Try any free backup software it will not freeze your pc.

I use the windows 7 previous version feature. This feature help you to get a old version of your file back in-case you need it. You must always enable it. Many backup tool does not offer you this kind of solution. It happens sometime you modify a file and then you need the old one back. And you can only get this if you had enabled the restore previous version. It works with all type of files. All you have to do is right click on the file and choose previous version.

There is one more powerful feature in Windows which many are not using. But I am not sure whether it comes in Windows 7 or not. I can see that in my Windows 8 pc. This feature is called as File History. It is located in System and Security. You can select the drive if you want. File History help you to maintain a copy of your file and you can recover that instantly whenever the original is lost or damage. It is a very helpful feature.

I am using the free edition of EaseUS Todo Backup. This tool is really easy to use and has amazing feature. It is a simple backup software through which you can have different copies of your file in your system. The recovery is extremely easy here. You can configure backup on the same and the leave it on schedule. The tool will automatically manage your backup files and save them. I will recommend you to use this.

Upgrade to Windows 8.1 and you will get many backup solution in that. Windows 7 is not really having much in backup. Like one new feature is Storage Space Mirroring. It is an ideal solution for long backup. You can here configure a space in your hard drive for backup only. That space is reserved for your file. This reserved space act as s virtual drive where your files are copied. You have two copies.