Thread: How to delete Real Player's system folder

How to delete Real Player's system folder

I have just installed the latest version of Real Player in my computer which is running on Windows 7. I have noticed that there is a System Folder installed in my machine too after installing this video player. Since I dont know what is its use, so I just want to delete this System folder and only want Real Player to remain on my pc. I think that there might be some options in registry editor to remove the system folder. Thanks for any information.

Re: How to delete Real Player's system folder

Well, I think that you are talking about the Real Player Cloud Service that gets installed at the time of installing the video playing software. I guess that it is an integrated part of the software and therefore you wont be able to remove it without uninstalling the whole Real Player software. I also dont think that there is any way to hide or disable that system folder from your pc since there are no options given in the software or any place else.

Yes, the System Folder is just the Cloud Feature which gets installed after the Real Player latest software is installed in your machine. Since there is not much you can do about it, so why dont you try to use an older version of Real Player that does not comes with this extra cloud service feature. You can go with any older version of the Real Player and install it in your pc, but remember to disable its auto update feature or else the latest software will be again installed in your machine with the cloud feature.

I have found a way to remove the System Folder, you need to open Regedit first and then go here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace. Try to expand namespace and then you will see a key which is a random mix of numbers and letters. It could be found above DelegateFolders. When you click on this GUID then you will see that the default value has the data "Real Player Cloud". After confirming that you have choosen the proper GUID then you need to copy the GUID value to your clipboard. After that do a search for that GUID in your whole registry. There might be 4 keys and 2 values, so do a backups of these keys and values and then delete any keys and values which are in this GUID. Now open Windows Explorer and check if the Real Player Cloud drive is gone.