Thread: Word 2013 Auto Correct Option?

Word 2013 Auto Correct Option?

In previous versions of Office's Word, right clicking on a "misspelled" word brought up the "Auto Correct" option. No need to exit to File, then Options, then Proofing, and finally Auto Correct Options. No, immediately you were there and adding a personal item so you didn't have to go thru the correction process again.

This has dropped out of Office 2013. Anyone know how to get it back? Is there a way to customize the little right-click menu to include Auto Correct Options?

Re: Word 2013 Auto Correct Option?

You can try to find out AutoCorrect from the Tools Menu if you have the Classic menu for office. To do that click on the Menus Tab and then click on the Tools drop down menu. Now you will be able to view the Autocorrect Options. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for replying but I don't understand what to do. I don't see a "Menu Tab" and Help is no help for finding it either. Hope you can elucidate further for me.

Well, it seems that microsoft has removed the feature of AutoCorrect from the menu. But in order to access AutoCorrect you will have to click on File > Options > Proofing (from the menu on the left) > and then click on AutoCorrect Options button.

Yeah, that's what I feared. Can't imagine the need to eliminate such a useful feature. But thanks for trying to help.