Thread: It is possible to play YouTube videos directly in vlc player

It is possible to play YouTube videos directly in vlc player

How to play YouTube videos directly in vlc player. I am looking for some help on the same. I had tried doing the same through a third party app but it is not working. I am trying to play the videos on vlc on my widescreen tv which I am using a dual monitor. When I am playing it in the browser on a full-screen mode the browser is freezing. So I want to stream the video directly in the video player. Does anyone know how to do this.

Re: It is possible to play YouTube videos directly in vlc player

Yes it is possible to do that. You can stream the video directly in the player and play it on full screen mode. The first thing you have to do is update your vlc player. So that you get the latest features. Now launch VLC Player and click on File and then click on open. Choose Network stream. Copy the url of youtube video and paste it in the vlc player. That's it. Start playing the same. You can maximum the screen and sit back.

Re: It is possible to play YouTube videos directly in vlc player

I am using SVPtube. It is a third party tool that help me to play youtube videos on my favorite video player. It is very simple to use. All you have to do is copy the video url and then you can assign your media player to play the file.Just download the tool and install it in your system. In vlc you wont be able to change the video quality, but through SVPtube you can modify the quality and stream the same constantly.