Thread: MSVCR80.dll missing error while installing iTunes

MSVCR80.dll missing error while installing iTunes

I recently tried to download and install the latest iTunes update but it started giving me error message saying that "This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." After that I again got an error that stated "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please re-install iTunes. ERROR 7 (Windows Errror 126)." Does anyone know what should be done to fix this error message? Thanks for helping me out.

Re: MSVCR80.dll missing error while installing iTunes

I am also facing same problem. I guess that there could be something wrong with the latest version of iTunes. I got an automatic request to install the latest version of iTunes and so I started installing it. But it seems that it wasnt installing iTunes and now the whole installation is corrupted. So I tried to uninstall iTunes and then while tryine to reinstall it, iTunes got really messy. Now I am without iTunes in my pc and cant even use the iDevices for transferring.

There were many users who were suffering from this issue. Some of them were able to solve it by following the given steps. First, you need to go to Control Panel and then to Programs and Features. After that sort by Publisher and then uninstall every Apple Inc. program from your computer such as iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, Apple Application Support, Quick Time, etc. Once all this software is removed the reboot your computer and then download and reinstall iTunes without any more issues.

I think that the above solution works for everyone and I also followed it but had used some of my own methods to solve this problem. Since I used Quicktime a lot of time so I didnt uninstall it. When I was trying to uninstall the Apple Mobile Device Support from the Uninstall a Program then it was not getting removed properly, so I left it as it is. After that I restarted my pc and manually downloaded and installed the latest iTunes version and now it is working fine.