Thread: What are the most common steam errors and how to fix them

What are the most common steam errors and how to fix them

I am looking for a list and solution of most common steam error. And also appropriate solution for the same. One issue that I face is game crashing. Most of them are fixed by verifying the game cache. But there are some weird things which has no solution. Like the audio problem. I am going to reconfigure steam back. I hope this will resolve the problem that I am facing. I want a bit help in finding out the list of mos common errors and its solution also.

Re: What are the most common steam errors and how to fix them

The first thing you must do is keep your hard drive empty when you are installing game. If your windows directly has as 80GB space then more than 25GB must be free to give you optimum output. A number of problem appear automatically when your hard drive is full. So you must defrag your drive on regular basis. This will help to improve the performance. If there is a problem with connectivity or crashing then just for temporary period turn off the firewall.

Steam might crash or does not work fine if you try to run it in the guest account. If there is any error on launch right click on steam and choose run as administrator. Then check back whether it is working fine or not. You can kill the process through task manager if steam stops working and then restart it back again. Most of the time people re-install but this also cause of loss of games you had downloaded and your achievement. You can reset steam by tweaking windows registry.

If there is a game related problem like black screen or crash then you can try updating the video drivers. You can find the latest one online. If you are having a graphic card then update the drivers once and run windows update after that. Find the latest version of direct x from web and install that. This will be more helpful in fixing the issue you are facing. For server crash the only solution left is to re-install everything back again.

Most of the time people face network problem. They face connection issues. There are few things you can try out to resolve the issue. You have to rename clientregistry.blob to clientregistrybak1.blob for that. You can find this file in the installation folder of steam which is the C drive. You can reset steam by deleting its registry entries. Go in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software. Delete any folder you find name as valve or steam.

Many time there is a nvidia network security tool in the system which cause the issue. It is better to remove it and then try back to connect. Update the regular lan drives and test back. If there is any bandwidth controllers installed on your system just remove them or disabled it. It also cause issue with connectivity. You might get kick out from the server. And for your router the only thing I will suggest is update with the latest firmware.