Thread: problem with Windows Movie Maker in Windows 8

problem with Windows Movie Maker in Windows 8

I have just purchased a new computer and installed Windows 8 on it. After that I installed Windows Essentials 2012 and there was no problem with it. I then selected a video using the USB capture device in Windows Live Movie Maker 2012 but it was not playing. All I was getting was a black screen but I was able to hear the audio from my video. So, I unsinstalled it and installed the Live Movie Maker 2011 and when I selected the movie then I saw that the video was corrupted. Can anyone please tell me how do 1 solve this issue? Thanks

Re: problem with Windows Movie Maker in Windows 8

Well, if both the Windows Movie Maker 11 and 12 version are not working for you then you can try to install the modified version of Movie Maker 6 from Blaine from his direct website. Just search for "Installing Windows Movie Maker 6.0 on Windows 7 or 8" on google and you will get all the information related to it. This version of the movie maker installs very quickly and works very fast in Windows 8 and it is the best version that I have found till date.

What you can do is make a new folder which will contain all your Windows Movie Maker Project and also any photos, music files and videos which will be part of your end product. Now you will have to copy all the files which will be part of this project into the same folder. If you want to transfer the project to some other computer then you will just have to copy the complete folder and then you can continue editing your movie from another pc.

I think that you might have a corrupted video file or else it could be created with an incompatible codec which is not supported in Windows Movie Maker. So, the best thing you can do is download some free video converter software from the internet and install it in your pc. After installing it you can try to convert that movie file to a AVI format or some other video file extension. After conversion, try to play it in Windows Movie Maker and see if it works or not.