Thread: Microsoft One note stop working error on Windows 8

Microsoft One note stop working error on Windows 8

I am having a bit problem with using Microsoft One Note. I am using Office 2013 here. I had updated to Windows 8.1 and there is a problem with the office application. It is crashing. It am unable to use the same. When I click on it I get the One Note startup screen but after few seconds there is a stop working error. After update this is the first error I am facing and I am not aware how to fix this problem.

Re: Microsoft One note stop working error on Windows 8

Looks like certain files are damage during update due to which you are getting the issue. You have check for some new updates for fixing the issue. So just run windows update and see that the issue is resolved or not. You can go in event viewer where you can find a bit more information about the error. You can find out what is causing the application to crash. On that basis it will be easier to troubleshoot the problem you are facing.

Re: Microsoft One note stop working error on Windows 8

You can fix that by re-installing the entire Office package back again. For that you have to go in Control Panel > Uninstall program. Just go in that and at the bottom right you can see change. Click on that and then click on repair and run the setup. If you have Office installation cd then just run the setup once again and test back. Check for updates after that. There is no use of running windows update on start. It will not fix the issue.