Thread: Word crashing file saving the file in OneDrive

Word crashing file saving the file in OneDrive

Whenever I try to save my files directly in the folder of OneDrive, Microsoft Word just crashes. I am not able to figure out why this thing happens. Luckily word has a recovery option through which one can recover the files if it crashes. I want a bit help here to resolve the issue. I had tried doing this a number of time but it crash. The issue does not occur on Excel or on Powerpoint. What should I do to fix the problem.

Re: Word crashing file saving the file in OneDrive

Can be some kind of stability issue with office document. You must try to re-install it or check for new updates. That will fix the issue. I think running a repair installation will also help. For that you have to go in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program and in that click on Microsoft Office. At the bottom right you can see a option as change. Click on that and click repair. Run the setup and then check back.

Re: Word crashing file saving the file in OneDrive

Save the file in your pc first and then copy paste that in OneDrive. That is going to help more in resolving the problem you are facing. I do not think there is any other option available. If it is crashing then it means the application is unable to get proper path to save the data. And so it crash. You can also try to reinstall one drive back again which will help. If note then better save it on the desktop and then only move the file in OneDrive.