Thread: How to clean face of old photos in photoshop

How to clean face of old photos in photoshop

How to clean a face in Photoshop. I have some old pics of my family which has lots of marks on the entire photos. This are usually portrait images. This is because they were kept inside a album for really long time. I want some way through which I can clean the faces that will make them look more better. I can then make frame of them. I am not so go in Photoshop so I want a few simple way of doing this. I hope this thing is easy.

Re: How to clean face of old photos in photoshop

You have to start with duplicating the background layer. From the left toolbox select Spot Healing Brush. This will help you to clean the images and make it more clear. Then go in filter and click on blur. Choose smart blur. Set the radius to 13. For threshold choose 35 and set the model to normal. Leave other things. You have to click on ok and then go in opacity. Set that to 60%. After this choose the erase and rub on the blurred places.

Re: How to clean face of old photos in photoshop

There are many tutorial online for that. It can help you to clean the images and make a face more clear. This things are mostly done through blur effect. I am using ACDSee Pro. This tool has noise effect. It is more simple compare to Photoshop because here you just have to choose the right pics and adjust noise level. It will automatically mange the face clear value. You don't have to go with much manual settings here.