Thread: How to reduce noise in images through Photoshop

How to reduce noise in images through Photoshop

I am having a few old photos. It belongs to my school time. The photos are fading out slowly. I had scanned them at the highest possible resolution. I want to reduce noise and make them more sharp. I am new to Photoshop. Not really aware about much. Is there a way through which I can instantly reduce noise and make the images look more better. I had tried using some different tools but they are spoiling the entire image.

Re: How to reduce noise in images through Photoshop

You can do that through Photoshop. The process is bit lengthy but effective. You have to copy the background layer first. You can do that by pressing ctrl + j from your keyboard. Now got to the Channels palettes. There you have to choose the one that has the lowest noise. You have to drag to create a new channel. Then go in Stylize and click on find edges. You can add a bit of Gaussian Blur here. That's it. Then activate the rgb channel and back to the layers palette. The duplicate layer will be selected. You have to now click on Add Layer Mask. Choose surface blur from filter > blur.

Re: How to reduce noise in images through Photoshop

Drag the layer to a new layer icon for creating a duplicate background layer. Now you have to modify the layer bending mode to color from normal. Choose Gaussian Blur Filter from the filter and from here you have to determine the amount of blur you want to reduce. Just try to do it slowly and choose the minimum amount of blur you need. Do not over-blur your image. This will help you to get a more share image.