Thread: Want help to move old iTunes playlist from old pc to new

Want help to move old iTunes playlist from old pc to new

I want to move my iTunes playlist from a old pc to a new mac system. I had copied the songs. But I am unable to get the playlist. There are more than 30 different playlist in the old system which have sorted songs on the basis of different occasion. It will be a long job for me to make that list again and again. I am sure there will be some option through which we cam migrate the playlist to new pc. How to do that.

Re: Want help to move old iTunes playlist from old pc to new

Yes you can do that. You have to copy the library with your music to the external hard drive and then you can import them back in your new system. The process is manual here. For that you have to going your iTunes folder in your mac system. To find that go in iTunes > Preferences and there look for iTunes Media folder location. Go o that location and copy them. Then you can paste them in the same location in new pc.

You can use the home sharing option here to get the library and songs to new pc. I think after migrating the playlist you might face issue with songs. The location is changed here. It is not really sure that iTunes will be able to identify the location of all new songs. Home Sharing is the simplest way of doing that. Go in File > Devices > Turn On Home Sharing. Then go in Store in iTunes and Authorize computer. Ad your Apple Id here. You can just select all songs and import them.

Can you explain that in more detail. I am unable to find a select all option. And where I have to Authorize computer in my old or in my new pc. I am really confused here. I want a easy way through which I can transfer the songs quiet easily. I am having more than 300 songs in the system. I had just able to move 120 and other are still pending. I want the library because they are nicely sorted.

I am looking for some simple backup solution. Through which I can easily migrate my library to many pc. Through home sharing things are limited. Once the wifi is off you cannot get those files. So it is good to keep the files in all pc and then also replicate the media files. In this way everything here is available for offline viewing and when you make changes you can update that. There must be some kind of one update too.

It will take great skills to transform the old photos in a working one. It is essential that you must take your photos to a good photo studio. They will repair it and will give you fix for the same. I had a very old photos which I tried to fix through many software. But none of those were working. At last I simply took that to a studio who have special tools for scanning and for remaking the photos.