Thread: Extremely slow mac pc after installing System Optimizer

Extremely slow mac pc after installing System Optimizer

My mac system is very slow after Maverick update. It was working really fine on previous mac operating system. It took around 2 minutes to start a application. I am using Microsoft Office on it and it is taking long time to save file. I want a bit help here to make it work faster. I am also using Final Cut Pro. For processing is a video it takes more than a hour. I am sure this is some OS problem not with the mac.

Re: Extremely slow mac pc after installing System Optimizer

You can find the background processes. Then only you will be able to find what is the problem. There can be some apps which are working and causing the issue. Go in System monitor and see the process and see what amount of ram they are consuming. You have to remove or re-install those app back again to boost the system output. Most of the time new upgrade boost the device performance.

It is correct new OS upgrade boost your system output. It give you more better performance than before. But it happens something the output is affected. It can be due to low ram also. Second reason can be the hard drive. If the drive is too much loaded with files you will have to clean it. There are some third party cleaner available on the web which you can download and run on your system. It will help you more.

The system will work slow if there are too many background apps. You have to go in Activity Monitor. In that you can see some apps which are closing and starting instantly. This apps are the cause of performance issue. You have to clean your system by removing them. This will directly boost the output. I was having the performance issue with Firefox. It consume too much ram when I turn multiple tabs on it. But then goes back to normal when I exit it.

It is always good for the system if you can clean your system hard drive. Most of the time a slow hard drive is the cause behind this kind of problem. You can simply use a internal utility to get rid of the issue. For that you have to go in Disk Utility. There you can find your hard drive. Click on that and then choose Repair Disk. Wait back until the process is over. The drive will be repaired and you will get a more better output.

Manual process is time consuming and there are less chances that it will work effective. It is always good to go with some tune up tool. For Windows we are having ample of software that works effectively in cleaning the internal files. Like wiping out the temp folder or just removing unwanted files from the system. They work fast and boost your system output also. But in mac this type of tools are not available. You have to go with manual setup.