Thread: Constant PC Boost installation message on iMAC

Constant PC Boost installation message on iMAC

I am constantly getting a popup on my screen to install PC Boost. It shows me that my system is very slow. What should I do. I am bit annoyed with the popup. Whenever I visit any website or try to download something the popup appears. I am not sure how it got entered in my system. My system is really working slow. Does by adding PC Boost I can get a bit better output. I am thinking of re-installing mac again.

Re: Constant PC Boost installation message on iMAC

This are all malware. You must never install them. If you add them then there will be more issue. It is good to re-install if you need more better output and use a good antivirus. Without antivirus no pc is safe. This type of malware add a tiny file in your system which is through free applications, games or toolbar. And then you get notification about slow pc or about virus infection. Always skip them. Try to scan your system with a antivirus.

There are huge amount of fake tools like this. Once they enter they will keep on adding new thing until your entire system is slowed down or it crashes. I had faced this issue common only Windows. Sometime I get a virus warning popup, sometime I get slow pc issue. This are mostly flash files. Never click on them. You can find the running file in Task Manager and you can locate it through Hijackthis.

Just avoid them. Do not install anything. If you are getting those popup then remove recently install application. Disable addons from your browser. You can try re-installing it back again. This will fix most of the issue. If you have a good antivirus then this things are blocked already. But if not then you will get more popups. Use a god antimalware. This will surely help you in fixing the problem.