Thread: OneDrive wont sync after Windows 8.1 upgrade

OneDrive wont sync after Windows 8.1 upgrade

I am having a bit issue once I had simply updated windows 8.1 on my system. There are many things which are not working. One of them is one drive that I am using for the backup purpose. It am using this constantly to upload my all important files on the cloud storage. After upgrading Skydrive stopped syncing. I was not able to do anything. There are lot more issue which I had not found. Like a few apps are not appearing on the screen. What a bit help.

Re: OneDrive wont sync after Windows 8.1 upgrade

It is very common that after upgrade many are facing skydrive sync problem. You can get rid of that by simply reconfiguring one-drive first. Things start with removing it and installing the app back again. The second thing you can do is fixing the sync list. The sync depend on building the sync list. When the sync list is damage you are not able to get updates on your one drive account. So here you have to start syncing back again by selecting files. This will rebuild the list.

Go in one drive app first and just wait back. The app will take a few time to get the list of total files which are configure for upload. You will be able to see the file numbers in progress bar. Just click on that. If this goes proper the list will be updated and sync will start. But if this does not work then you have to create a power profile here. You can create a new account and try the same thing again and it will also help.

If re-installing does not help then try to switch to some other better cloud storage like Dropbox. You have more benefits there. This online storage offer you solution for storing files and you can access them through the client that you save on your desktop pc. You can skip using Skydrive for a while so that once it is active you can use it effectively later on.

It happens something. A few apps does not work well on your system. You have to skip using them for a while. There are tons of online storage solution available. That you can use for storing your file. Like Google Drive. You can just move your skydrive files in it and done. The sync will start working. You can then get updated things around the entire web. And when the skydrive works you can restore the files back.

Just go online and check the space left in one drive. See how much file space is still left for syncing. It happens that something the limit is used and people are not aware about the same. If you have space then you try testing this thing in different web browser. This will also help you in fixing the problem you are facing. So go online and just check your limit and other settings.

Syncing issue can be through server or through the host. Host means the desktop pc where files are uploaded and downloaded. issues are rare from server side. But if the issue is there then you are not the only one who is getting this problem. You can report the issue on the official forum and you will get a fix for the same.But on the same and you will also have to check from your end about connectivity and firewall issues.

Many internet plans comes with limited/restricted upload. To verify the same you can try contacting the isp. Ask them what is your upload speed. if it is less then your sync issue will take long time to resolve. You can also try uploading this directly on the one drive site and see how it works. Just go on the site and click on upload. See how much it takes. If it is slow then you have a very low upload speed.