Thread: Will Bluestack work on Ubuntu through Wine

Will Bluestack work on Ubuntu through Wine

I want a good android emulator for Ubuntu system. I am not able to find a good one. I want to know that will Bluestack work through Wine. I am using a few windows app which does not look really good. Sometime they crash and sometime they do not respond even when I click them multiple times. If Bluestack will work then I only will move ahead with the installation. I hope there are some people who had tested this.

Re: Will Bluestack work on Ubuntu through Wine

I do not recommend that. Wine does not give you a perfect windows environment. Many things will be slow and it will crash. Bluestack is a emulator it needs good system requirement and also need stable system files to run. I think it will crash. Better try to find some really good emulators that are available specifically for Linux only. You can try searching same on web and you will find few one. Try to test them.

Genymotion is the only emulator available for Ubuntu. There is nothing else. It is officially available for Ubuntu and you can test that. It is not really prefect but enough good to give you a android usage. Recently I had tested Bluestack on my pc. I am having windows and it works really well. The output is good here. But for Ubuntu there is very less support available. Just test Genymotion and see how it really works.

Don't try. It will not work. It is extremely unstable. You need windows pc for that. I had installed Ubuntu on vmware on my windows 7 pc. I tried installing bluestack on that but it is crashing. It is not working. Some apps does not respond. Unfortunately there is no android emulator is not available for Linux operating system. You have to use some third party tool or you have to install windows on the same.