Thread: What does caution message in Crystal Diskinfo means

What does caution message in Crystal Diskinfo means

I was checking out my drive read and write speed through Crystal Diskinfo. After running this it showed me relatively slow speed. So I ran the same back again and now I am getting a caution error in this. What does this error means. Is it is a software issue or hardware issue. My drive is working fine but it is quiet slow due to which it takes long time to transfer files from it. If this is a hard drive how to get more information on the same.

Re: What does caution messaage in Crystal Diskinfo means

Try to run the test back again and see what is the health status. If it is again giving you the same error then you have to simply use some other tool here. The first thing you must do is start taking data backup. Copy all data from your hard drive and keep it somewhere else. If the drive instantly stopped working you might loose all things. Warnings are never good thing. It shows that your drive has serious health issue.

Re: What does caution messaage in Crystal Diskinfo means

It is better to confirm this first that your hard drive really has some serious problem. You can try using some third party software which are effective. Like SeaTools for Windows. Just donwload and install this tool and it will give you more detail information on your hard drive status. If you find the same error in this then your drive is having some serious issue. You must backup your data and then try to move ahead.

Re: What does caution message in Crystal Diskinfo means

It can be hardware problem. You have to test your drive from another effective tool. And it is also good advice to keep a your data copied at some place. If you ignore that you might loose it. I had used HDDScan long time ago and it gave many critical errors. I copied the data and just after two weeks the drives was dead. My data was saved. I got it replaced as it was under warranty but the most important thing was data.

You are lucky to find the error. My drive just stopped working on its own. I was not using any of those software. I must have tested which would help to recover some old important files. It is really not easy to recovery files once your drive completely stopped working. Better copy your data first. Most of this tools are just a kind of real-time scanner. But they cannot fix the issue. You can keep a data aside and use it for temporary storage.

Do not assume that your drive is dead until you test it with different software. There are so many software on the web that gives you a detail information on the drive status. You can try running that one by one. It is possible that you might get the error at one place and you wont get the same on other. Different type of tools check the drive in separate manner. A few of them can give you detailed analysis.

When I got this error on Crystal Diskinfo I opened up the system and checked the drive. It was making a weird sound all the time when spinning. And also there was red alert in the software on windows. I copied my data and move the file in my laptop. I carried the drive to service center and they replaced it. It was a media problem. I was lucky to get my data back. So if you are having any of those error then your drive is in problem.

This type of errors usually appeared on very old or damage hard drive. But as per the discussion it looks you are using a new one. So better backup data first. Because if the drive stopped working then there is nothing you can do. Then you can take the drive for repair. Sound from hard drive is also a bad indication. It means a head crash or any damage component inside. Many time drive stop working within few days of crash.