Thread: eMudra digital signature error "Your security settings have blocked a self-signed application from running"

eMudra digital signature error "Your security settings have blocked a self-signed application from running"

When I am trying to register my Digital Signature on incometaxindia.gov.in I am getting a error "Your security settings have blocked a self-signed application from running". I have a pen drive which has the digital key. It is by eMudra. I am using Google chrome here and it is not working. Each time when I try to upload the Digital Signature in Chrome I am getting this error. How to fix this problem.

Re: eMudra digital signature error "Your security settings have blocked a self-signed application from running"

It can be due to your system firewall.You have it off first. And then try to add the Digital Signature back again. If possible try to disable your antivirus for the time being and then upload it back again. If this does not work then you have to contact the customer care support of eMudra. They will guide. This type of issue mostly occur on Windows XP. I am using the same on Windows 7 where it works fine.

Re: eMudra digital signature error "Your security settings have blocked a self-signed application from running"

The error is because of JAVA Security settings. Neither your browser nor your operating system is responsible for that. There is a very easy fix for that. Go in Control Panel. If you are in Windows XP then switch you classic view and double click on JAVA. If you are in Windows 7 then you can search for JAVA on the Search Box. In JAVA go to security. Drag the security level to medium. Restart your browser and check back.

Emudra Digital Signature Error

Thanks a lot. The above reply worked. I was on Windows XP and I was trying to upload my signature from last two days. But it was not working. I followed your suggestion and it worked. After reducing the security level to medium I was able to see the select signature button. This was not available before. Now had registered my digital signature. Thank once again.