Thread: How to replace Windows Explorer with more effective file manager

How to replace Windows Explorer with more effective file manager

Due to virus in my pc Windows Explorer keeps on crashing. After every 10 seconds I am getting a message that explorer.exe has stopped working. But other applications keep son working on the screen. I want to replace this for the time being. Any good file manager that can provide me more detail about taking data backup. I cannot format the system for atleast 2 weeks because I am not having the original Windows Disc.

Re: How to replace Windows Explorer with more effective file manager

You cannot replace it but you can use another one like XYplorer. You have to add this on the startup. And you can then use this to navigate in your hard drive. When Windows Explorer crash you wont be able to access the Desktop files. But through XYplorer you can simply open up different folders and copy files from it. It is very effective and works really well. Just add this on startup through msconfig. It will auto-launch.

If explorer.exe is crashing then you can try using system restore. This will give you temporary relief. And if this does not work then only you can go with some third party file manager software. You have to anyhow launch it from Start Menu or form Desktop. Try Multi Commander. It is one of the best explorer with many advance benefits. You can see the files and you can also compare them.

You can't completely replace that. Because you start your windows, by default Windows Explorer appear on the screen. It is possible in Linux but not in Windows. But you ca try using different one. There are very few which come with good benefits. Most of the file manager have outdated interface which you will not like much while using. I will also recommend you to use Multi Commander. This is a good tool that works fast.

I am using XYplorer. I am using this tool only from long time on Windows XP pc. It works fine. My system is bit outdated and sometime it works very slow. So I use XYplorer to navigate to my files. Performance point of view this tool will increase your work speed. It has a very simply interface and it works fast compare to Explorer. Just download the same and test once. It will be more helpful.