Thread: Is it possible to recover movies from a damage copyright protected DVD

Is it possible to recover movies from a damage copyright protected DVD

I am having a few old dvds which have movies in them. The DVD was kept in the warehouse. While cleaning I found those. This are quiet nice pictures which I want to see. But when I inserted them in my DVD player I can see a no disk message. I also tried to use them in my pc. It is detected but it takes long time to open. There are few scratches also. I want some ways through which I can recover the movies from that.

Re: Is it possible to recover movies from a damage copyright protected DVD

The best thing you can do is simply check online if those movies are available for free download or not. Many old movies are kept for free. But if not then you have to buy another one because it is not possible to recover this files from a damage dvd. It would be easy if your dvd was damage while burning. You have to get another copy of the same. It is a waste of time in recovering files on the same.

There is one tool you can try testing. It is called as ISOBuster. I had used this for recovering files from my old dvd. I had created that on the school time and after a long back when I found it was not working. But through ISOBuster was able to get the files. Just install this software and from the left side choose the dvd and then folders. You can recover it quiet easily. This works really well.

If there are scratches then you cannot do anything. The DVD is damage. It must alteast play in your dvd player. If it is not playing then you cannot recover the files from it. I had lost many dvd's like it. I had tried many software but none of them work. Most of them are just waste of time. So better try to play it in a player after cleaning the same. It will help but if that does not work then skip the process.

It is good to give a few recovery software a try before throwing the disc. There are chances that some of them might pull the data. Powerdatarecovery gives you a free tool for the same. You can download and test and I am quiet sure it will help you in getting the files if the dvd is not much damage. There is one more tool provided by cdroller which is also helpful in the same manner. Just try out the different things and check back.

First of all if your DVD is copyright protected then you cannot create another copy of that. Many software are not able to read this kind of dvds. I am also having a few movies dvd which are getting really old. I tried them copying them in my windows system but it is not readable. I cannot see anything it. So it is hard to take backup. You have to buy another copy of the same if you can manage.

Windows Media Player has a ripping option that can help. But only if the DVD is working. If not then you cannot do anything. Still you can try my solution. Insert your disc in your pc and then autoplay it through Windows Media Player. Once the dvd is loaded you will get a rip option on the top side. You have to click on that. Slowly the video will be copied to your pc in My Documents/My Videos.

You can try testing few tools one by one. Start wit ISO buster as mentioned above. If this does not work then there is one more tool which is worth to try. It is called as handbrake. It is a Open Source Video Transcoder and has advance options to rip media files. Just download and install it in your system. You can browse the dvd location. You have to clean the dvd. You can do that by washing it and then using a soft cloth.