Thread: best calendar application for windows 7

best calendar application for windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and found out that there is no inbuilt calendar software anywhere in this operating system. So, does anyone know from where I can download one of the calendar application? I am just looking for a plain and simple calendar that could remind me a week before any task that I want to do or even for birthdays. If there are any freewares available then it will be good as well. Thanks

Re: best calendar application for windows 7

Well, I am using Rainlendar from quite some time and it has proven to be worth it and also comes for free. Rainlendar is a calendar application rich in features, easy to use and does not occupy much space on your desktop. The appearance can be customized with themes and you can even mix different items together. It is also possible to use Rainlendar with other calendar applications too because Rainlendar uses the standard to store your tasks and events in the iCalendar format, so data can be easily transferred between applications. Also, you can subscribe to online calendars and see your Outlook appointments directly in the program.

You can also use Google Calendar Sync which is a tool that allows you to sync Google Calendar with Microsoft Outlook Calendar. It offers the advantage of being able to manipulate the flow of data and synchronization frequency. You can easily monitor the Event or register both Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook Calendar at the same time. Or else you can even use Google Calendar Windows Client which is a useful and easy to use application specially designed to retrieve events from multiple Google calendars and display in a small sortable list on the user's desktop.

In my opinion Windows Live Calendar Gadget is the best desktop widget designed to let you set a reminder for certain dates or time to see your location. The purpose is to show events in public calendars andbut is able to read any ICS file. It supports the iCal format (ICS file) - tested on Windows Live Calendar and Google Calendar. It is also fully customizable, including the Aero theme that changes your base color as your own Aero color.