Thread: Is it possible to rotate a video in Movie Maker

Is it possible to rotate a video in Movie Maker

How to rotate a video in movie maker. I am not able to find any settings for that. I have some video clips which are upside down. And I am merging them together to make a single move. But I cannot make without flipping it to the down side. Can anyone knows a better option for that. Is this possible in Windows Media Player also. I had tried many things but this looks very complicated. Compare to videos, images are more easier to edit.

Re: Is it possible to rotate a video in Movie Maker

No you cannot rotate a video in movie maker. It is not having that option. I am using this from long time to make small tutorial videos. You have to use some advance video editor for that. Like premiere pro. This tool has quiet nice set of video editing options. You can rotate videos, you can edit them and make changes as per your need. You can find ample of video tutorial on that on YouTube.

Movie maker has that option. You don't have to use some other tool. If you are using a old version of movie maker then in that you have to go in Tools > Effects. But if you are using a new version add the video. Go in Home. And you can see a editing tab. Just next to AutoMovies theme. In that you can see option to rotate a video. You can rotate left and right as per your need. Then you can build up a single video out of that.

You can also do that in VLC. You can rotate the video and save it. I did this a few days back when I had taken some videos from my camcorder. The videos were upside down. In VLC you have go in Media > Open File > Tools > Effects and Filters > Video Effect > Transform > Rotate by. That's it. You can apply different effective from here and you can simply make changes. You can then save the video and it works well.