Thread: Paint Shop Pro plugin problem in Windows 7

Paint Shop Pro plugin problem in Windows 7

I have an old laptop with Windows 7 and recently I installed Paint Shop Pro X2 on it without any issues. I have noticed that many plugins of this software is not working with this Operating System. When I am trying to load some plugins then it gives me an error that says "Unable to load the requested plug-in filter. The plug-in may not be installed properly or may be missing files. (Plugin: xxx.8bf)". Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Paint Shop Pro plugin problem in Windows 7

Well, you need to have the pligin.dll and MSVCRT10.DLL in the C:\Windows directory. Or else you will need to go into the Corel PSP Photo X2 under File Menu > Preferences > File locations and then choose Plugins and paste it in the directory location over here - C:\Program Files\Corel\Corel PaintShop Photo Pro\Languages\EN\PlugIns. After doing all this things your problem will be solved.

I am also using Windows 7 64bit on my Sony Vaio laptop and am looking to setup the Paint Shop Pro software in my computer. I was able to find some dll files from the net, but I am still keen to know what all other types of dll files are required and from where can I download them and put it in my laptop? When I checked in the C: drive then I can only see some folders like System, System32, etc; where do I put the dll files to? Thanks

Most of the previous version of the Paint Shop Pro software does not have full support in Windows 7. So the only other option left for you is to upgrade your copy of the software to Corel Paint Shop Pro X3 which is fully compatible with Windows 7. You can easily get the full version from their website or else can also for an upgrade version. Also check if there is any upgrade or patch which will make your software compatible with Windows 7.