Thread: How to use Dolby Home Theater on regular headphones

How to use Dolby Home Theater on regular headphones

I having a Gigabyte motherboard. After installing all the drivers I can see a Dolby Home Theater application in it. I clocked on that and it has a equalizer for music. I had tried making changes in it but there is no appropriate audio quality. It is just the same. I think those equalizer effects are not working on my system. How can I use those things on my regular headphone. I think that I am having a bit issue with the settings.

Re: How to use Dolby Home Theater on regular headphones

I do not think that it will work. You will need a surround sound audio system for that. You can attach a 2.1 or 5.1 audio speakers on it and check back. I am sure you will get amazing sound quality through it. But for headphone I am doubtful. Many headphone has a specification where you can see they supports Dolby Digital. If your regular headphone is not having that feature you cannot do.

To use that you will need compatible audio system. This does not work on the regular audio. You can try one thing. Use the sound effects from the media player. There is a enhancements. You can choose different audio settings from that and apply it to get required sound effects. It works well on all type of headphone. For Dolby you need certified products or else it will not work. There is no use of applying the settings.

You can try using a third party audio player. There are many of them available. I think the best one is Winamp. This media player is really amazing. It has as nice equalizer through which you can apply various effects on your audio files. It works well. Just test this and go in equalizer. You can apply different settings on the same and enjoy good music output.

Windows itself has ample of audio settings that are enough to give you great sound. You just have to apply the same to make it better. For that you have to enable True Bass and SRS WoW effects from Windows Media Player > Enhancements. Just go in that and apply the settings which will do the job. You can choose the output on the basis of different audio device type. If you are have regular speaker then apply settings for Normal speaker.

It is very complicated to get good audio output when you are using a regular headphone. The same will work really well if you are having good quality headphones. I am having one from Creative where I don't have to do anything in the settings. All things works really well without much changes. You can spend a few bucks to buy a good headphone and try that on your system. That will provide better sound.