Thread: Purchasing new computer

unsure Purchasing new computer

I have Windows XP, which is not going to be supported by Microsoft soon. I want to upgrade to Windows 7. Told it's best to get a new computer. My present one is a refurbished one. Told by computer stores they can sell me new computer with Windows 7. If I want Microsoft Office transferred to new computer, I would have to provide the Licensing Agreement. When I bought the last computer, the store did all the installing, etc. for me. Question: Never had to provide any kind of agreement last time I upgraded to new computer. Question: Computer Age (store) said they could sell me a refurbished IBM and put on Windows 7 and they have a word program for letters, etc., but it's not Microsoft Office. Any suggestions? I have a Dell now. Small city with few computer stores and I don't want to buy over internet. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: Purchasing new computer

Yes, there is a software called OpenOffice that you can download for free and install it in your pc to view office files. However I believe that if you have a microsoft office CD with you then you can install it on your Windows 7 as well with the same license key that you used in your Windows XP.