Thread: unable to install Logitech Setpoint, vc_red.msi missing

unable to install Logitech Setpoint, vc_red.msi missing

I have recently installed Windows 7 in my computer because of too much of virus infection on my pc. Now after freshly installing this operating system I am attempting to install Logitech's Setpoint software in my but end up getting an error that says "vc_red.msi cannot be found". Can anyone tell me how do I install this software without this error message? Thanks

Re: unable to install Logitech Setpoint, vc_red.msi missing

It seems to me that there might be something blocking the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable that might be included in the Setpoint install package. You can also try to right click on Setpoin.exe file and select Run as Administrator. You can also try to extract Setpoint installer with the help of a tool called Winrar and search for a folder called Redist which contains the Visual C++ installer and install it in your pc.

Incase you are running Windows 7 64bit edition of the operating system then you can try to install the Redist directly by downloading it from the microsoft website here - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=15336. After that install the Setpoint software in your pc and also see to it if you need to run Windows update incase some updates might be pending for installation.

Even I am facing the same problem and Setpoint wont install with the same error given above. I am using a Logitech MX 518 mouse and when I am trying to install this software then it asks me the location of vc_red.msi file. After locating the same file a windows installer pops up and it remains hand on preparing to install thing and will never go beyond that. Any ideas how to fix this thing? Thanks