Thread: Screen resolution manager software for Windows XP

Screen resolution manager software for Windows XP

I am trying to add some games in Windows XP system. Each time when I start the screen resolution changes. And it is not restored. I want a good display resolution manager application. I had tried finding but I can get themes and other stuff. I need a app through which I can control the screen resolution as per my need. I tried right clicking by it takes a long time to open. My system is getting slower.

Re: Screen resolution manager software for Windows XP

You can try Screen Resolution Manager 5.0. This is a nice app which good interface and all those features that you need to change screen resolution. It is a tiny utility that works fine. It gives you one place to change the screen resolution, brightness, contrast and gamma. You can manage multiple display with the same. I found it very easy in terms of usage. I am using it on my dual monitor.

Your display driver is crashing due to which you are not able to get the old resolution restored. It is essential that you must update the drivers first and check back. You won't need the tool if you have a updated video driver installed in your system. You can find that on the site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just get the drivers and update it and then check back. Once you exit the old resolution will be restored.

There are few helpful tools that can help you in fixing the issue. I am also using Screen Resolution Manager. It is nice and works fast. But it is better if you can stick with the default method of changing the resolution. Because if that is freezing up this tool cannot help you much. It is also going to take time and can be slow. Better try to the regular way and update your video drivers. That will help you more in dealing with the problem.