Thread: Slow file indexing on Total Commander 8

Slow file indexing on Total Commander 8

I am had installed Total Commander 8 on my system. I found Windows Explorer very basic. I was looking for some additional features. So I found Total Commander 8. After installing that I found that file indexing is really slow on this. Atleast this is a bit faster compared to Windows Explorer. I want some help to make this fast. I had installed Total Commander 8 for video files only. How to make it a bit faster.

Re: Slow file indexing on Total Commander 8

There can be some other issue in your system. I had seen when you have a ton of video files it will take time to generate the thumbnails in Windows Explorer. This happen when you have a slow hard drive. Just to check try to remove this one and install a third party file explorer. There are many available. You can install that and check the same. If that is also slow then the issue lies with your hard drive.

Run disk defragmentation. This will boost the speed of hard drive to some extent. You can do this one by one for all partitions. Instead of using the regular windows tool you can go ahead with third party tool like Auslogics Disk Defrag. This is fast and quiet easy to use. Run this thing and then check back. This might simply boost the output to some extent.

The problem does lies with the software. It is your hard drive. You have to run a hard drive health test software to find out if there are bad sectors or not. Try to bifurcate the videos in different folder and then open up. If they are still slow then the issue lies with the drive. You cannot do anything in that. It is right that Disk Defrag can help you a bit fixing the problem.