Thread: Excel formula to calculate the time difference

Excel formula to calculate the time difference

How to calculate time difference of two countries in Microsoft Excel. I want some easy formula for the same. I had tried to go ahead with simple plus/minus. But that is giving me a wrong answer. I am not able to get the correct time through it. I want a simple formula through which I can get appropriate time output in a column. And I can also copy that in other sheets. I had seen some samples on web about this, but they are too confusing. It is hard to understand how it works.

Re: Excel formula to calculate the time difference

You can use a online time zone convertor. This would be enough to calculate the time. I do not think a formula here can give you the exact result which you are looking. There are many online tools which give you simple calculator to calculate time.

Can you elaborate:

I simply formatted the cells as "Time" and I can add/subtract and get time differences easily.

I am using Excel 2007. What sort of problem are you having?

It is quiet simple. You just have to minus the time to get the difference. Excel is able to figure out that the numbers which you are subtracting are actually a time format. For example the time 1 is 6/9/2007 10:35 AM and time 2 is 6/9/2007 3:30 PM. You just have to subtract them and you will get the results. You can then simply drag the formula to get complete calculation for all. This one is fairly easy. Now if you want to find out what is the hours difference between two time then the formula for that is time 1 - time 2, "h". You have to just practice this one and then you will get the right output. You can find more information on the below link. Just click on that and get more details.
    Calculate the difference between two times

I had tried some formula. Most of the time does not give you exact results. The best thing you can do is simply try out a web based calculator. This will be enough to fix the problem. You just have to copy paste the date and time in that.