Thread: Which SQL version will work on Windows 8.1

Which SQL version will work on Windows 8.1

Which is the right SQL version for Windows 8.1. I had recently upgraded my system from 7 to 8.1. I had tried installing the older one but it showed me a error. So how can I find which version is right for the system. Is there any tool available. I want this for other software also. Like I need to install a third party login manager, firewall, inventory control, etc. The system is used at the warehouse so we require different software to track various products. I do not want test different software's, because this makes the system unstable.

Re: Which SQL version will work on Windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 is the latest version. You can go on the official website and download the most recent download of SQL. That will surely work. There is no direct tool available through which you can track software version for a specific OS. You have to find all stuff manually.

You are looking for some kind of software compatibility tester. Microsoft officially give you a Windows Compatibility Center site through which you can find whether the software that you are trying to install will work or not. Through this you can checkout various software's and use them.All you have to do is type the full name of software in the search box and you will get what you are looking for. The same site also has a Windows Upgrade Assistant. Whenever you are going for a upgrade always run this to find out whether the existing software in your system will be able to work on the new version or not. This upgrade assistant will give you intact information about all the installed software.

I had ran this to find out whether my system is enough to go ahead with upgrade or not. This tool mostly help to find out the compatibility of hardware with new OS. It is not so effective when it comes to find out something for a software.