Thread: How to edit and merge vcard files through Excel

How to edit and merge vcard files through Excel

What are the possible ways through which we can merge vcard files through Microsoft Excel. I have a android phone. I am using a contact backup applications. It creates a folder and in that it saves all the contacts as vcard file. I think there are around 500vcard files. I can open them in Microsoft Excel.I want to merge them and make a single file. I had tried opening all of them in Excel but cannot find any option to merge them. Is here a different app for that.

Re: How to edit and merge vcard files through Excel

I do not think you can merge all those vcard files into Excel. When you were exporting a vcard file through app you have to choose create a single file. Many app this feature. Try to test a set of few different backup apps and see what output you get.

There is no need to go for any third party app. Through cmd you can merge all those files and create a single one. You can then import that file in your phone. You can also keep the file separate which can be used for future reference purpose. For that you have to launch cmd. Keep all the vcard files in one folder. Move the folder inside a partition. For example the folder name is contact and it is in D drive. So the location of that folder is D:\Contacts. Launch cmd and in that type cd D:\Contacts and hit enter. Then type copy /a *.vcf single.vcf and hit enter. In the folder check for a file single.vcf. This the most simplest way to combine all vcf file. You can then edit that file in Excel.

I am using Youlu. It is a cloud based constant manager. All of my contacts are uploaded on this and I can anytime export or import new things from the same. It is quiet easy to manage also. I think you must also try this once. Once files are uploaded you can access it anytime.