Thread: Microsoft Excel fails to detect printer

Microsoft Excel fails to detect printer

Each time when I am trying to print some reports, Excel does not detect the printer. I have to add this manually. It is very annoying to find the printer and then add the same. The printer is attached to a pc and shared through the same on network. In other system the printer really works well. But when I try to do the same on my system it fails. Sometime Excel crashes. This is only while printing. Other time it works fine. How should make this printer as fixed.

Re: Microsoft Excel fails to detect printer

Try to update the printer drivers. Looks like your system is not able to keep it installed. Update the drivers and then add the printer back. Set it as the default one and test back. This would be enough to fix the issue. But still if this does not work then hook the printer on some other pc.

Click on Start > Device and Printer. In that see whether the printer is set as default or not. If not then try to apply the settings. Make it default. You can add the printer from here and once it added the printer will remain visible i n this area. It will not disappear. When the pc on which printer is connected is turned off, the printer will go offline. If it is removed on its own then surely this is a driver bug. You have to check the printer sharing settings. Re-enable sharing and this time let it be shared by all on the network. Do not restrict it with limited accounts. It is also correct that testing the same on other pc will also help you to sort out the issue.

I had configured my printer on cloud. Through this anyone whether the printer is installed or not can access it easily. I had added the printer on Google through cloud ink. And I share that through gmail account. It works fast and does not require any manual settings.