Thread: How to modify keyboard shortcuts for left hand usage

How to modify keyboard shortcuts for left hand usage

I want to modify the keyboard layout. I had to configure for left hand users. At my office there is a guy who uses the mouse with left hand. So he wants the copy paste thing on the right side. I want to configure the copy on Ctrl + M instead of Ctrl + C and paste on Ctrl + , instead of Ctrl + V. Windows does not gives any tool to edit the keyboard shortcut. I had tried finding some but most of them only offer option to add different hotkeys. I want to make changes in copy paste.

Re: How to modify keyboard shortcuts for left hand usage

You cannot do that. You can use various third party tools through which you can add keyboard shortcuts. But when it comes with some default features, then there is nothing available.

For adding your own custom command you have to modify the keyboard layout script. Or else it is not going to work. There are some good tools for the same. You can try using The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator. This is a free tool through which you can modify the keyboard layout and apply your own shortcuts. This would be quiet easier for you to apply shortcuts. You can simply build the entire keyboard layout from scratch. You can add your own settings on the existing one. It is necessary to keep the existing script separate so that you won't face any problem later on. The tool also has support for adding different languages as per your need. You cannot find any ready to use scripts for left handers. You have to change things manually. Just download and test the same.

Kbdedit is another simple tool that you can use to modify the keyboard layout. It is very easy and has simple options. The tool is quiet fast and works really well. Anyone can use this tool to modify the keyboard layout.